- Erin Harris' class was great. Several people said that they learned more than they expected to, and the the Make Your Own Medallion book was a good resources for resized block pieces.
- We are considering going down to just one class per year, as registration hasn't been as high as we'd expect. There will be a survey sent to membership about class interests / likes / dislikes.
- We still expect to have classes with Rossie and Latifah Saafir in 2020. We will look for guild feedback on which Latifah class to host.
- Winter retreat is full.
- Waitlist is available, use the original sign up form if you're interested.
- If people have not paid by October 15th, we will go to waitlist.
- We will have quilts hanging in the Ford Presidential Library this December, like last year. If you are one of the 12 people showing quilts, please bring them to the guild meeting in October. Sherrie will be taking this on behalf of Tara.
- The sew-in on October 13th is our make-a-long for the Sew Together Bag.
- You don't need to sew this bag to come to the sew-in, but we'll be helping each other along through the steps.
- We are looking for alternate locations for our November and December meetings due to holiday schedule conflicts.
- Maggie is looking into a holiday party scene for the December meeting.
- Pre-cut blocks seem to be a hit for making charity quilts. Many people brought back geese and Jackie distributed some new pre-cuts to be sewn.
- Jackie also distributed 12 baby and lap quilts to guild member for quilting. Wow!
- If you bring back any quilted charity quilt in October, you get entered into a special drawing.
- We went over the board's email about the charity text quilt for QuiltCon. These was some confusion about whether the two text options both counted in the 75%. The board will review the results and share with the group next week.
- There will be a bigger member survey coming in the new year.
- Ida will be the blue bin coordinator
- Rossie is looking into options for hoodie and t-shirt merch with a cool design for our guild.
- We talked about Quilty people we love to follow. Some were:
- Maria Shell, @talesofastitcher
- Emily Dennis, @emily_dennis_
- Jacqueline De Jonge
- Heather Pregger, @heapregger
- Drew Steinbrecher, @drewsteinbrecher
- Brett Lewis, @naturalbornquilter
- Sarah Bond, @slbphilly
- Next month, bring an old quilt, maybe your first, maybe vintage.
Show and share
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.