- There is a survey on Facebook for which Latifah Saafir class guild members would prefer to take. The class will be October 4th, 2020.
- Rossie will be teaching in April.
- The board will be sending out a feedback survey about classes in the new year.
Retreats and Sew-ins
- January retreat at creative passions is full. You can sign up for the wait list if you're interested. (See Facebook for link.)
- Six people participated in the October Sew-in for the Sew Together Bag. It was fun!
- Think about sew in themes for next year.
- The November sew-in is a go.
- A2MQG will have a show at the Ford library during the month of December. Twelve quilts from twelve members will be shown.
- It's time to renew annual membership. You can pay via PayPal on the website or bring a check to meeting.
- The November meeting will be early on November 20th. There is a different location at Maker Works in Ann Arbor. (Thanks Lana)
- The December meeting will be early on December 18th. It will be a holiday party at the Session Room in Ann Arbor. We will be sending out a request for RSVPs soon.
- QuiltCon registration is still open.
- Details about the MQG Sessions in Denver in May will be released soon.
- Guild voting: Welcome Sherri Potas-Garrett as the new VP of Membership! Maggie, Brenda, Cheryl, and Dorie will continue on.
- Jackie Mills collected the red triangles charity blocks and distributed blue and green disappearing nine patch blocks.
- Those who quilted charity quilt tops were entered into a raffle. Debbie won a pretty solid fat quarter bundle!
- We discussed making a baby quilt for food gatherers. Maybe a Polaroid quilt? Bring your ideas to the next meeting, or share ahead of time on Facebook.
- Old / your first quilt
- Round Robin
- Secret Stalker Swap Revealed
- Show and share
Swap for next time
- Block lottery. For every block you make, you get one raffle ticket. Winner takes all blocks. Use this Sawtooth Star block: http://www.kairleoaks.com/2017/05/sawtooth-star-tutorial-12-block.html. And, use dark for the background and light for the stars.
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.