Next Meeting: September 26 at 6:30pm at MakerWorks.
- What to Bring: We're going to start some Round Robin Quilts. Bring a block that you have stuffed in your stash - or make a new one. If you'd like, you can include fabric to go with your block to be used in the quilt (perhaps you want the same neutral to be used throughout), and maybe you could include some general guidance of what you wish to see. However, these quilts are going to be made in good faith - allowing great creative independence to those who add to the blocks.
- What I'm thinking is that I'll bring a bunch of manila envelopes - each block brought will go in an envelope along with any details or additional fabrics. The person who brought the block will have their name on the envelope, and we'll pass the envelopes around throughout those in the group who wish to participate. Each meeting we'll pass the blocks/envelopes around to someone new.
Antique Quilts Presentation by Ginia: Ginia shows us some wonderful antique quilts from the late 1800s. They were beautiful and we were all happy to hear Ginia's tips for storing our quilts and her encouragement to label all our creations with names and dates to add to their value. Thank you, Ginia, for a great presentation! Ginia blogged about these quilts here.
|1/2" HSTs!!!! Totally bonkers and awesome.|
- Sewing Retreat: We have a WONDERFUL time at the early August sewing retreat. So much so that we are planning another one for JANUARY! Brenda is contacting the Hankerd Inn for possible dates. Also, Brenda will be one of the hosts for QUILT CAMP in December. Those in attendance will test out the Hankerd Inn's new menu, so we can decide if we'd like to do another pot-luck for our A2MQG retreat, or if the new grub will meet our needs.
- Quilt Con: more information has been posted regarding this exciting event. If you would like to come, you can email Brenda or Debbie to see if they have space for you in the reserved hotel rooms.
- The MQG has put a call out for quilt submissions for QuiltCon. Enter your quilts! More details HERE.
- a2mqg Sale/Show: If you are interested in participating in the sale/show on November 15, look out for a forth-coming email where you will RSVP and be put on the list of interested sellers. Then we will schedule a meeting where we will tag our items and discuss setting prices. More information HERE.
Swap: Four participants swapped sewn items inspired by Lucienne Day.
|Work of Lucienne Day - Photo from HERE.|