- Registration for Rossie's class, "Intermediate Improv: Crosses, Cabins, Colors, and Combinations," is open for A2MQG members. We will open it to non-members at the end of February. The class is on April 19th. See facebook group or your email for a link.
- Latifah Saafir will be teaching "Clam Toss" in October.
Winter Retreat at Creative Passions was great! Very productive. This was a number of members' first time in this CP location, and we all liked it. We will be in the same spot next January.
At February's meeting, Tara will be bringing back our quilts from the Ford Museum. Be there to get yours or make arrangements with Tara.
Keep your eyes peeled for a survey from the Board in the next month or so.
The 2020 Sew-ins sign-up is out. (See email or FB group.) There are a couple themed sew-in days:
- February: Charity sewing. We'll try to finish up quilts for Ozone House, since they will be coming to our February meeting to speak.
- March: Charity Sewing - collaborative work on our quilt for Food Gatherers.
YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS WANTED
- Polaroid Quilt for Food Gatherers: Kathy is organizing this quilt. See Facebook or email for details, but please bring a couple Polaroid blocks to the February meeting!
- Love and Heart blocks for charity: Jackie M is organizing. Again, more details in email and on FB.
We have a new VP of Membership - welcome Sherri! PS - membership cards (printable) for 2020 are delayed from the mothership.
We reviewed our annual budget - thanks Cheryl!
Dorie's quilt, Lucky Cuff, was featured in Modern Monthly. Free pattern for MQG members.
Debbie did a skill school on making a facing instead of a binding.
We played a fun game of Quilt Jeopardy!
This month's swap was a scrap swap. Next month will be an X and Plus block lottery. All the new swaps for 2020 are now listed on the guild's website.
Round Robin and Show and Share!