The March meeting was held at N.E.W. with 18 members attending in person and one person via Zoom.
- Programs - We will be hosting Lisa Ruble for
"Intro to Improv Piecing" class on Saturday, April 15th. Class is scheduled to run from 10am until approximately 2:00 with a 1/2 break for lunch. Attendees may keep working on their project after class. Cost: $70 member ($85 non-members). (NOTE: As of April 11th, this class has been postponed. We will post the new date shortly.)
- Round Robins - so far there are only a few people participating which makes it not as much fun. Please consider jumping in and joining the process.
- Swaps -
with Detroit Area Modern Quilt Guild (DAMQG) is in progress - swapees have been assigned. Finished mini-quilts are due at or before the April meeting.
- We held a Heart block Lottery (winner takes all!)
- Bring a FQ, take a FQ has started. You may bring as many FQ's to exchange as you like.
- Skill School : Deb Spring gave a demo on bags and zippers. Several members are also participating in the Modern Sewist Bag Bootcamp so we discussed and shared progress.
- Charity and Outreach
- A huge thank you to Carol Ullmann who has agreed to be Charity chair
- Ann Arbor District Library Outreach - plans for the guild to teach a class (Cheryl S. coordinating)
- Three Pines Studio in Petoskey Outreach project (Tara has been coordinating this non-guild sponsored project where towels are embroidered to support refugees from the Ukraine)
- We passed along several quilts that need quilting
- Retreat - photos were shared on the January retreat at Creative Passions.
- Shows - We are currently looking into several quilt show opportunities. More to come.
- Meeting location - a presentation was given on options for meeting location once N.E.W. is under construction (tentatively September this year through 2024). We are looking for a free location so that will save us some funds this year and next. Kathy also showed a map depicting where our membership is located (about 40% Ann Arbor proper with the rest spread out throughout the region). The top contenders for alternate locations are the Ypsilanti Library Superior location and Maker Works. We also are looking at the Ann Arbor District Library (although the hours may be difficult to deal with since we would need to close the meetings at 7:45pm) and the Saline Library. Look for a possible meeting at these locations in the future.
- Show and Share
Next meeting: Wednesday, April 26th at NEW