Sorry for the late post members. Life got away from me.
- Quilt Show in Ypsi over on Saturday, April 1; Quilts should be picked up on Sunday, April 2.
- Emily has sent the Charity "House" blocks to Canada
- Sew-Ins: May 6, Jun 3, Jul 16
- Free Motion Quilting class by Kathy Schmidt is April 30th. There are still openings (11 people so far have signed up). Cost: $35
- Summer Retreat July 22nd: Cost per person is $140 and we can have 16 attendees. Currently there are 10 signups
- Maggie is coordinating with DAM to host Crazy Mom Quilts on October 27 and 29. Unfortunately NEW is not available those days so the Board is looking into other venues. A suggestion was made to look into using the Quilt Patch in Tecumseh.
- Amy D attended the Leadership meeting at QuiltCon. They did not speak about the derivative quilt post, did talk about fundraising efforts and they are looking for people who are interested in writing articles (they will pay for them). Amy noted that the quilts in the show were very cool.
- Ideas were discussed for potential future skill schools: spray basting, quilt labels, multiple ways to do something (e.g., different approaches for a technique); wavy borders (Kathy offered to present this next month). Members are encouraged to contact Maggie if you have an idea or would like to present.
- Library report
- Round Robin
- Show and Share
- Skill School: Brenda Ratliff demo'd the Turbo 4-Patch Ruler by Creative Grids
- Swap/Challenge: This month was a challenge to make something using the Pantone color of the year (green). Kim Ulrich won the drawing. Next month the swap will be a hot pad/potholder yankee swap.
- Charity quilts: nothing new this month, but members are encouraged to use the donated fabric in the bin