- Quilt Show went very well. Debbie says all quilts are back with their owners.
- Charity quilts: a discussion was held on what we could do to encourage creation of more charity quilts. The idea was brought up that we could insert a charity quilt into the Round Robin. There seemed to be interest in this but would also be nice if we had more Round Robin participants. The membership decided that it would be good to pick a block and suggest that members make one or more for the next meeting. The group decided on a pastel CHURN DASH. It should be a 12.5" block (12" finished), it can be wonky or traditional. If you create mini-churn dashes you should make enough to complete a 12.5" block. Members can also make more than one of course and even a full top (either 3x4 blocks or twin size).
- Sew-Ins: Saturday May 6, Saturday Jun 3, Sunday Jul 16
- Retreat at Creative Passions: there are still a few openings, so far there is only one person interested in the Thursday night attendance so we probably won't offer that option. Amy has sent out a waiver that the retreat needs filled out. Please check your email and send that back in if you are attending.
- MQG Town Hall: Amy D presented a report on the town hall which was held April 12. She noted that they are looking for people interested in serving on a QuiltCon Jurying and Judging Task Force. She also presented the block of the month (layered triangles with transparency).
- MQG Membership: as noted a few months ago the Board is revisiting the decision whether to stay or opt out of MQG membership. There will most likely be a poll sent out to the group and the Board is strongly encouraging people to take a side. It was very hard for the board to make a decision when there was not a clear mandate from the membership.
- Library report
- Skill School: Kathy presented how to avoid wonky borders.
- Member share: what inspired you?
- Round Robin (need more participants!)
- Swaps: Several members participated in a swap for hot pads/potholders. Next month's swap is a challenge: Show us your curves! The following month if you want to get a jump on it is "Mini-Mini" (this is a very small, 8" or smaller quilt and will be a yankee swap).
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.