- The Giucy Giuce class was really fun. Even those who has been to the same class at Glamp noted that he had extended the class, including more patterns. Members shared the Tiny Paper Piecing work they did in the class and after.
- Erin Harris' class in planned for September, and we will start sign-ups in June
- We're planning to have a class with our own Rossie Hutchinson next April
- Brenda RG and Maggie are talking with other teachers for future dates.
- Spring retreat in 2 weeks - all sold out
- Our next retreat will be in January at Creative Passions
- Results of the bag making poll indicate that we can do 2 bag making sew-in days.
- Poolside Tote, Sunday, May 19th
- Sew Together Bag, Sunday, October 13th
- There was a real bumper crop of baby-sized charity quilts this week. Good job!
- This included 3 quilts that came from the 2x4 blocks generated by the guild the previous month.
From the Mothership:
- We now have the Modern Monthly - a new, nicely styled online magazine from the MQG.
- Hey, reminder that the webinars exists and that they're pretty cool. Some QuiltCon lecture content was posted recently.
- We played a getting-to-know you game where we wrote down unusual facts about ourselves and then tried to guess who each was. (But we only did a handful!) It was fun and we'll do it again.
- A different fun thing could be sharing (guessing?) a favorite designer or technique.
- Erica Rothwell was our featured quilter. She has been a member for a year and a half and is a high school science teacher. She loves learning from guild. Erica showed off a tied quilt that looked super soft from her grandmother as well as several of her own creations.
Swaps & Challenges
- Round Robins were swapped and shared
- Art Spark challenge had good participation and cool quilts
- For May, we have a quilted pillow Yankee Swap. Making a pillow and bring it wrapped to guild to swap away.
- Kim highlighted some library books that had good ideas for pillows.
Show and Share