The April meeting was held at N.E.W. with 22 members and one guest attending in person, 1 member and two guests via Zoom.
Programs: We will be hosting Lisa Ruble for "Intro to Improv Piecing" class on Saturday, May 20th. Class is scheduled to run from 10am until approximately 2:00 with a 1/2 break for lunch. Attendees may keep working on their project after class. Cost: $70 member ($85 non-members). This class was postponed from April.
Round Robins: we had a couple more people jump in so we are looking forward to seeing some fun progress in the next month.
Swaps and Challenges:
- SWAP with Detroit Modern Quilt Guild (DAMQG) took place. Mini-quilts were swapped and everyone had a great time and were very impressed with the creativity that ensued.
Here are the quilts A2MQG made for their DAMQG partners:
Here are the quilts that we received from DAMQG. So purty!
- For other swaps, we continued our bring a FQ, take a FQ. This month was Low Volume, next month will be Geometric.
- We also started the Modern Block Challenge. Participants will take a traditional block and put a modern spin on it. The "spin" can be anything from using modern fabrics to re-imagining the block entirely, to using the block a made but in a modern setting. There is no size limit - it can be a block or an entire quilt. Since this is a challenge, you keep your project which are due in June.
Skill School: Amy S. demo'd English Paper Piecing.
Charity: Some charity tops were handed out for quilting.
Events: (be sure to keep up to date by our google calendar, accessed on our website to the right)
- Sauder Village, Archibold, OH quilt show - May 3-6
- Tulip Time Quilt Show, Holland, MI - May 6