Please read all of the minutes below - even if you attended the meeting. Names of people responsible for future tasks are highlighted. There are also a lot of links below to challenges and projects that you'll need to click if you want to participate.
Our Next Sew-In is on May 19th (special date!) at MAKER WORKS from 12pm - 4pm.
- Brenda will contact MakerWorks to ensure our reservation of the space.
Please bring your Vancouver pennants if you plan on participating.
- Please either deliver your flags to Pink Castle Fabrics by Wednesday, May 15 (Brenda has offered to mail all collected flags as a bundle), or feel free to mail them at your convenience.
- Please bring your Round Robin projects, as well as your Boston quilt blocks
- Membership: Rossie collected forms and dues from new members.
- The A2MQG Summer Quilting Retreat:
- 13 people have RSVP'd
- There are 5 more beds available - spots are available to members and non-members alike on a first-come, first-serve basis. If you or a friend is interested in attending, please contact Ginia.
- Deadline for reservations is April 30th (Tuesday!)
- More information about the retreat HERE.
- Joining National Guild
- After reviewing the survey responses and talking with the membership, the A2MQG Board voted and decided we will join the National Guild in July.
- The National Dues will come from our collected dues, so there will be no additional cost to our members.
- We will revisit the issue in November for the next year
- If there are any concerns about joining the National Guild, please contact Brenda or a fellow Board Member.
- If this decision affects anyone's interest in joining the A2MQG, but dues have already been paid, please contact Jen B.
- The Northwest Ohio Modern Quilt Guild is hosting an Art Spark challenge. More details TBA.
- Our guild is interested in doing a field trip to the "Michigan Modern™: Design that Shaped America" exhibit at the Cranbrook Art Museum. Details TBA. These pieces could serve as inspiration for an ArtSpark challenge entry.
- Our Spoonflower quilts are complete and ready for pictures.
- We will be donating our quilts to the Habitat for Humanity of Huron Valley via an Ebay auction.
- Our point of contact at Spoonflower has left the company (!) and we are not getting a response regarding a Spoonflower blog post. We are progressing with our auction plans.
- Rossie will contact the membership about scheduling a Photo Day around Ann Arbor and Habitat for Humanity homes in the area.
- There was an idea to have the quilts on display before the auction. Jenna will work on pursuing this.
The Ozone House is taking donations for their auction. Jenna will email the membership with details.
- There was a proposal to donate our Jay McCarrol Habitat quilts (from last year!).
- Jen B. will make one of the backs (coordinating with Ashley). Ann will do the binding
- Ginia has the other quilt. Mary volunteered to do the binding. Still need a volunteer to do the backing.
- Who will quilt these quilts? Jen. B will ask Kathy what her charity rate would be.
- Our Library is growing and donations are always welcome. Amy is developing her system for loaning and keeping track of borrowers. She will email Jenna the database so that we can post it on the website.
- Swaps: Dorie presented the complete swaps calendar for the rest of the year. It will soon be posted on our site. Our "swap" for the May meeting will be participation in the Quilts for Boston project :
- The Boston Modern Quilt Guild is asking for blocks to be donated for their Quilts for Boston project. More details HERE. If you are able to create any blocks, please bring them to the May meeting where we will collect all of our blocks and mail them in one package to Boston.
- The Vancouver Modern Quilt Guild is also coordinating a project for Boston. More details HERE. Please either deliver your flags to Pink Castle Fabrics by Wednesday, May 15 (Brenda has offered to mail all collected flags as a bundle), or feel free to mail them at your convenience.
- Round Robin: Amy, Mary, Pam, and Ginia added blocks into our rotation! Anyone can add blocks at any time, just contact Dorie in advance if possible.
- Madrona Road Challenge Quilts
- A blog post will soon be posted with pictures of all the entrants and a voting poll.
- The winner (voted by guild members) will win batting, thread, and some fabric!
- The winner will be announced at the next meeting.
Show and Share
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.