- Geidra heard from Christopher Thompson (The Tattooed Quilter). He is open December 2-3 or 9-10. There appears to be more interest for the 2nd & 3rd of December. To ensure interest in this, a survey may be sent out to confirm attendance.
- Charity Quilts : Pulse quilts were due this evening. We did receive more and they are being sent out this week.
- There is still a need for volunteers for the October "Bring a Friend" meeting. Amy D. is going to send out an email with specific areas where volunteers are needed.
- There is a GLAMP ticket available if anyone is interested in purchasing it.
- Following discussion by members in attendance on the recent Modern Quilt Guild's blog post on 'Derivative Quilts', the consensus is to take a 'wait and see' attitude before pursuing any action.
- Riverside Art Gallery Quilt Show
- Recently three of our members had quilts on display at Riverside Art Gallery. Debbie had a conversation with the curator who was interested in having a modern quilt show there. If so, the possibility is that a show could be in March, June, or Fall 2017. There is a $200 charge to use the space, however we could have an entry fee to help defer the cost.
- We would need to have guidelines on quilts in the show.
- Once we submit the application form, we will receive more specific information on the gallery space. If members decide to sell their quilt, the Gallery gets 30%.
- It appears there is membership interest in this show so the Board is looking for individuals to be part of a committee to coordinate the event. If you are interested, please contact Amy D. or Debbie.
- Library: If you would like to request a book, please let Kim U. know.
- This month we had a few members share some UFOs they completed.
- Those members who decided to participate, chose their Secret Stalker Swap partner.
- Next month (September) we will be having a Favorite Fabric Yankee Swap. If you would like to participate, bring a fat quarter of your favorite fabrics wrapped.
- Member Spotlight "What Inspires You?": Ann and Jenny shared what inspires them.
- Skill School: Jackie shared a technique on foundation piecing.
- Round Robin
- Show and Share
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.