Next Meeting: November 20!!
Next Sew-In: Sunday, November 10. 12pm - 4pm at Pink Castle Fabrics. Book your space here (under Gatherings).
Next Swap: Mug Rugs! Mug rug should be between 4x6 and 5x7. A mini mini quilt. Bring the mug rug wrapped for a yankee swap.
Rossie made membership cards! If you are a member and did not recieve your card, contact Rossie.
Ginia collected deposits for our January retreat. More details about the retreat here. She will continue to collect checks at the November meeting. Please make $50 checks payable to the Hankerd Inn.
We successfully filled two positions:
- Librarian: Amy regretfully has to resign from her position as library chair. Kathy was kind enough to fill the spot. You can view our library database here.
- Greater Ann Arbor Quilt Guild liason: Pam will be the organization chair for planning the event. Guild members signed up to be on the committee, aiding in More details here.
- Guidelines: Item must be a completed, quilted object. It needs to only use Riley Blake patterned fabrics and whichever solid fabrics you prefer.
- MQG blog post about the challenge HERE.
- Submit photos on the National MQG Community site HERE by the end of December.
We discussed having some speakers come to our guild next year. Sherri Lynn Wood has expressed an interest in teaching a class for our guild in November 2014!
Member Spotlight - Emily was spotlit! Next month we will learn about Amy S!
Skill School - Ginia taught everyone how to create nice, sharp 45degree corners on your quilt binding, and then did an awesome lesson on mitered corners for quilt piecing! It was a very clever lesson, making Y seams seem a lot more approachable! Next month Brenda will do a presentation on upcoming fabric releases and trends.
Swap: A yankee swap for Favorite Tools was conducted! Next month we will do a mug rug swap. More details at the top of the post.
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.