- Classes -
- Annabel Wrigley class - close to full (3 slots open). See email or FB for sign-ups.
- Guicy Giuce class still on target for next April
- Discussed other possible teachers for next fall and beyond. Suggestions included Heather Givens and Lizzy House. It was also suggested to the Board the possibility of some of the more expensive national teachers and how it could just be a hosted event by the Guild (not necessarily that the guild would have to feel like covering the entire cost by member attendance).
- Retreats -
- Fall Retreat is about 1/2 full. See your email or FB for sign-up link.
- Spring Retreat options:
- Suggested dates - (Kathy will send out a doodle poll to members) - May 3-5; Mar 8-10; Jan 25-27
- Suggested venue - Kathy is meeting with the owner of 'Artistry on Evans' in Tecumseh to see if this is a viable location. It is smaller than a lot of the places we've been to but it is brand-new and not too far away.
- Skill School -
- Maggie put a sign-up sheet on FB. If you would like to volunteer to teach a skill school at a future meeting, sign-up (or contact Maggie). "If you've done it once, you can teach it!"
- Chicago Quilt Swap - everyone (except Sue U) has received their mini. Members are reminded to email and/or post on instagram your appreciation for your quilt.
- Suggestion that we use the November 10 sew-in as a 'make a bag' day. Members would like to pick a pattern and have everyone work on the same bag. Members should either post on FB your pattern suggestions (or send the board via email) and Kathy will create a Doodle Poll to narrow the selection down.
- Events and Meetings -
- Reminder that this weekend is the Greater Ann Arbor Quilt Guild's quilt show at Washtenaw College. Cost is $6.
- October Guild Meeting will be held at Maker Works, 3765 Plaza Dr. Ann Arbor, https://www.maker-works.com/. The meeting will include a tour and demos of some of the equipment.
- Charity Quilts
- QuiltCon charity quilt design has been decided (tiny piecing in inset circles). Rossie will be sending out more information shortly. It was suggested that we purchase 1/2 yard of each of the suggested colors to make the quilt more interesting. Members will add in low volume backgrounds from their own stash.
- It was suggested that another charity/support we could take part in is the MSU Teal Quilt project. Here is a link to a pinwheel pattern. They are collecting quilts for a year. If anyone wishes to take part, it is in addition to our regular charity giving projects.
- It was decided to use the MQG airplane block for the next 2 month's charity block. Maggie will post a link on the FB page, or you can log in to MQG's site yourself for the pattern/instructions.
- There were enough Boats Boats Boats blocks (or almost enough) for a twin quilt. Thanks to all who made blocks and to Katie and Sheryl who volunteered to put together the top and make some extra blocks.
- There are still charity kits and fabric, and some individual blocks available to be made into charity quilts. There is one twin to be quilted.
- To date, we have donated 5 twin quilts to Ozone house, 7 baby quilts to Motts, 1 to the VA. Yay guild!
Swaps and Challenges
- Secret Stalker Swap sign-ups are happening now (quilts to be given out at September meeting). Brenda posted on FB and Kathy will send out an email.
- 6 guild members showed off their "Word Challenge" quilts. Jackie McG won the fabric pack donated by Brenda (and Pink Castle Fabrics).
- Next month (August) is a Pincushion swap. This is a Yankee Swap so bring your pincushion wrapped.
Skill Share - Cheryl showed her technique for hanging mini-quilts (corner squares).
Show and Share
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.