September 27, 2017
- Crazy Mom Amanda Jean
- Spin Class at Washtenaw Community College (Oct 29) is full. If you cannot attend please be sure to let Maggie know right away as we have a wait list. Attendees have received class information.
- Please be sure to purchase her book No Scrap Left Behind. (Stash Books, 2017) One book is required for each student in the class. Here is an amazon link:
- Trunk Show, Friday October 27 is open to all members free of charge
- Schoolcraft College, 1751 Radcliff, Garden City (South Parking Lot, Room 320)
- She will be doing a book signing and there will be refreshments
- If you want to bring a guest, cost is $10 at the door
- MQG Charity Quilt is in progrss, Dorie will be quilting it and then it just needs binding. Thanks to all who participated!
- MQG is having a mini-quilt swap starting October 1 with ship due by February 1st. They will also have swap meet-up at QuiltCon but you do not need to attend in order to participate in the swap.
- Classes on tap for 2018
- Made by Rae garment (Ruby) class - date TBD but will probably be January at NEW. Proposed cost will be $50 for members. https://shop.made-by-rae.com/products/ruby-dress-top
- Joe the Quilter - Saturday, April 14. He will have a trunk show and class
- We are also looking into co-sponsoring with DAM two classes next year (more to come on details!)
- Annabelle Wrigley (Doodle Quilts)
- By Annie (bag)
- Charity Quilts
- The two Jackie's and others have put together some charity quilts that you can 'check out' and work on a lot or a little (or all if you are so inspired!). The kits include fabric and a pattern. Please fill out Jackie McGregor's sign up sheet if you take a kit.
- Reminder of sizes: Veteran's and Motts get the 3' x 4' size and Ozone house gets twin and should be geared towards teens.
- Next month please bring pillowcases which we will give to Ozone (again think pre- to teen+ for likes).
- Nominations - reminder that we will be entertaining nominations for officers at October meeting with elections at the January meeting. Please talk to a Board member if you are interested and have questions. Also, see our by-laws for a description of officer duties.
- Discussion / Sharing - we shared holiday gift giving ideas (pillowcases, One Hour Pouch (zipper pouch), use any Elizabeth Hartman pattern and make a pillow or wallhanging, check out from your local library a book on 'Gift Giving Quilts' if you really really like someone and want to give a bigger gift, nordic star ornaments)
- Skill School - Brenda Rowley-Gray presented how she makes Bento Bags. In case you missed the handout, here are the links she provided:
- Next month's skill school will be a discussion of how various members make labels (Rossie: screenprint; Kim: hand embroidery; Kathy: machine embroidery; Maggie: Spoonflower). Let Maggie know if you have another technique that you'd like to share.
- Library - Let Kim know if you want to borrow a book
- Round Robin - more people are participating so feel free to jump in at any time
- Swaps -
- Secret Stalker Swap ensued.
- Next month (October) is Halloween Yankee Swap so bring your halloween themed mini wrapped.
- November is our ornament swap
- December is yankee swap for sewing-type notions