- Sew-Ins - next will be Sunday July 16 and August 6th. Form has been created. Board has decided not to do the lunch coordination so there will be no payment needed, but members must sign up so we know who is planning on being there in case of cancellations or other building issues.
- Summer Retreat @ Creative Passions July 21-23 - event is full
- Crazy Mom Quilt Class October 29 - images posted on FB. Attendees will need to purchase her book. Tentative costs are $55 which would include the book ($35 if you already have it or wish to purchase it on your own). Location, final cost and sign-ups coming in an email soon.
- The Board reported on the decision for the MQG membership. About 70% of the members voting want to stay with the National Guild so we are sticking with that decision and hopefully move forward in a positive way. It was recommended that members take a more active role in National if they so choose.
- Charity Quilt MQG - Dorie presented her idea for the quilt (Single Irish Chain on Point) and mentioned that she will be putting out a sign up sheet shortly. The Board has decided to chip in for the batting and fabric.
- Charity quilts -
- the quilt top put together from last month was shown. Jen B offered to quilt it.
- Rossie also showed off the churn dash quilt that she finished.
- Blocks for this month were shown - we collected 12 red/white/blue/star blocks.
- It was decided for next month to have bold colors and black, pattern to be strips (either do a strip quilt or put blocks together with strips) in an attempt to make a twin size that might appeal to teens (this may continue for a few months since that is a larger attempt).
- We need more quilt labels. It was decided rather than make Brenda embroider more that Amy S will order labels from Spoonflower.
- Charity quilt for Food Gatherers sold for $225
- September or October sew-in will include an option for attendees to work on either the MQG Charity quilt or other charity blocks.
- QuiltCon - so far looks like only a couple of people are planning on attending
- Swap - mini-mini swap was a success (next month is 'quilting book' swap)
- There were two new members present.
- 2 squares at a time > Finished HST + 1 inch
- 8 squares at a time > 2 x (Finished HST + 1 inch).
- Recommended book: "Patchwork Essentials: The Half-Square Triangle" by Jeni Baker.
- Link to no-waste flying geese www.patchpieces.com/files/flyinggeese.pdf
Regular Features: library report, round robin, we held introductions and small discussion for the new members
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.