We have a lovely, rambunctious meeting last Wednesday! It's always nice to see everyone's faces and projects.
Next Sew-In: There is a conflict on June 8th. We are going to have this on a special date, but need to confirm with Pink Castle staff. Please keep an eye out for a notification.
Next Meeting: June 25 at 6:30pm at Pink Castle
- Swap: Instead of a swap in June, we are encouraging our members to contribute to one of the charity projects! Economy blocks for veterans or quilts for the nicu. Look here for information on block patterns and dimensions. If you're at Pink Castle, dig through our fabric bins!
We started our meeting with a discussion about Quilt Market. Read this post from Pink Castle about the upcoming trends in fabric!
Booking teachers: We discussed the recent Sarah Fielke class and talked about booking more teachers. Who are teacher's we'd love to have? Alison Glass, Jacquie Gering, Cheri Lynn Wood, and Carolyn Friedlander were all mentioned. We discussed working with other guilds to share the expense.
- Please check out THIS POST for some important dates regarding QuiltCon
- If you are planning on attending QuiltCon, please respond to Jenna's email. We will make sure everyone has each other's contact information so we can coordinate meet-ups and get tips on travel plans.
- There are still a couple of spots left for our Summer Retreat. Email Ginia if interested.
- Ginia will email those who have booked a space to organize Thursday meals for those who plan on doing the extra day.
- The Howell Nature Center is booked for us for the last weekend of January.
Pam K. announced the formation of an Applique Club! Anyone who wants to sit and do some hand-work can meet at the Panera on Eisenhower at 6:30pm on Wednesday, June 11.
- Email Pam K. if you'd like a reminder email
- The group is planning on meeting regularly: the second Wednesday of every month.
Guild Screen Printing: There is a desire to make guild shirts or bags before the GAAQG show.
- Jenna will contact Rossie about organizing a day where we could do this.
Member Spotlight: We learned about Pam K. and will learn more about Ginia at our next meeting!
Skill School: Learning about Leaders and Enders from Stephanie K.!
- Here is a post from justabitfrayed about Leaders and Enders
- Interested members took pre-packaged quilt squares to make for our charitable giving.
Show and Share
Swap: Yankee swap of destashed fabrics.
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.