Our first meeting at our new location was held on August 30th at Maker Works in Ann Arbor.
Swaps and Challenges:
- The guild held the postponed from last month "smalls" swap with 6 participants. Here are a couple of the prizes exchanged:
- QuiltCon Community Outreach Quilt - Maya and Rossie have been coordinating the effort. To date:
- all fabrics have been distributed and all tasks assigned
- blocks need to be completed by September 28 - check your emails on how to get the blocks to Maya
- Rossie will be coordinating the "build" event (watch your emails for date and location)
- Finished charity tops were handed out for quilting
- Members donated fabrics and other quilt-y items for the guild to resell to support our charity projects - most specifically to fund the QuiltCon quilt but any amount over that needed will be used to purchase things like batting and backings for the charity quilts.
- We are still working on finding a new location for the Timna Tarr Map Making class
- participating members will need to purchase the class from Timna - we will provide a discount code
- class will be done with some pre-work and then working on sections together after or while watching portions of the video
- Members shared some classes they've taken recently
- GuicyGuice in Grand Rapids
- Brittany Lloyd
- Rainy Barn Exhibit in Athens, OH
- Show and Share
- Josh from Maker Works gave a quick talk on their programs and noted that they are having an Open House on September 17.
Next Meeting: Wednesday, September 27, Maker Works.