The September meeting was held at N.E.W. with 16 members in attendance, 3 of which were via Zoom. We were able to get a pretty decent video connection for the Zoom portion, however the instructions for the facility on how to connect the camera and microphone were incorrect. This meant that Zoom attendees had difficulty with the audio portion. We hope to get this corrected by the November meeting.
Membership: We currently have 61 members. Members are reminded that October is when we collect dues for the following calendar year (2023). Dues will remain at $42 if you pay via PayPal, $40 if you pay by check. Members should go to the link on our website to fill in their form and make their payment.
- We have an exciting program planned for our October meeting. Carole Lyles Shaw will be giving a presentation on sustainable stashing. This presentation will be on Zoom only. Note that we are not able to sell tickets for non-members for this event.
- Nico Laudenberg has offered to give a free class to guild members call "Scrappy Appliqué". Look for an email with sign-ups. [UPDATE: This class has been scheduled to replace our sew-in on Sunday, October 30th. It will run from 10-4 at N.E.W. and does require sign-ups.]
- Cheryl is working on setting up a class for the spring timeframe. More on that as we get details firmed up.
- The board is looking into a partnership with the Ann Arbor District Library where we would set up classes/instruction for library patrons.
- The MQG Community quilt top was finished and is at the longarmmer.
- A suggestion was made that we consider giving charity quilts to UofM's Compassionate Care program. The quilts are given to support patients and families at end-of-life. The Board will pass this along to Jackie for follow-up.
- The postcard swap kicks off at the October meeting with cards being sent to their recipient in early December.
- For our December meeting we will have our "Notions Swap" (wrap a small notion and swap anonymously Yankee style).