The April meeting was held via Zoom with 19 members in attendance.
Secretary / Webmaster: Kathy did a quick preview of our Google Calendar noting that it shows not only A2MQG events (meetings, sew-ins, etc.) but also events or shows that are not ours but which may be of interest to members. Members should email the guild address if they know of other local quilt shows.
Treasurer: Taxes have been filed.
Programs: Cheryl is working on a couple of speakers although no concrete dates have been set.
Question/Discussion: "Where is your first quilt?"
Challenges/Swaps: Reminder that our current challenge is a mini-quilt (no bigger than 18") "self-portrait" which can be actual or improvisational or even representative of something you enjoy. We hope to have a showing in person at our next in-person meeting (hopefully the June meeting).
- We are continuing to look into other agencies we can donate small quilts to (e.g., 3' x 5' size). We currently have 7 lap quilts for kids with no place to donate to. Suggestions for charities should be forwarded to Jackie (some suggestions include Quilts for Kids, MI Foster Closet, Alpha House Child Advocacy Program).
- Also noted that Grillin' has been cancelled again this year. Members are encouraged to send monetary donations to Food Gatherers as the need for families continues.
- Jackie noted that she is looking for solids for charity quilts.
- Reminder that we continue to have our Tuesday night Zoom Sew-ins 7-9pm. Contact the board if you need the dial in information.
- Next In Person Sew-In will be Sunday, May 15th at N.E.W. from 10-4. Jackie will bring kits and unfinished tops/fabric if anyone would like to 'adopt' one.
- We also have an in person sew-in scheduled for Saturday, June 25th