Hello members! Below are Hayley's minutes from our most recent meeting. THANK YOU, HAYLEY for being our new Secretary! It's been a blast, homies. Peace! -Jenna
Our next meeting will be held February 25th at Calvary United Methodist (Emily’s Church). If you’d like to participate in the fat quarter swap, bring two fat quarters to the meeting.
Third Thursday Sewing Night will be at Pink Castle Fabrics on February 19th at 5pm. Register on the PCF website. Space for ten people.
o There is still hotel space with guild members and there are still openings for some classes. Talk to Jenna if you still need to make arrangements
o MQG announced that QC will happen every year and will move each year.
§ The idea of possibly renting a house/condo in Savannah, GA in 2017 with other A2MQG members was mentioned.
· RJR challenge with Brenda’s fabric line “Pie Making Day”
o We will (hopefully!) have the fabric at the February meeting.
· Riley Blake MQG challenge
o All the spots filled up in an hour. If you’re still interested in participating, you are allowed to purchase the fabric. See the MQG site for details.
o If you aren’t getting MQG emails, talk to Brenda or Rossie.
· Swaps for 2015
o We came up with lots of ideas for swaps to do in 2015. Our definite swaps so far are a fat quarter swap in February, the Pie Making Day challenge quilts in April, and a Secret Stalker Swap (just like last year!).
· Round Robin
o If you are unable to attend a guild meeting and you are involved in the round robin, there is now a blue bin at Pink Castle Fabrics. Ask one of the employees and they’ll lead you to it.
· Skill School
o Debbie Grifka asked for some more ideas for skill school. We should have a lot of really great skill school sessions this year!
· Communication with guild members
o We discussed using either a closed group on Facebook or the MQG Ann Arbor page in order to more efficiently communicate with other members.
· Debbie Grifka gave a wonderful and informative introductory lesson to using Instagram. Our guild hashtags are #a2mqg and during retreats, #a2mqgretreat.
· Ginia won the Crayon Challenge!
· Kathy Koch and Brenda are sponsoring a challenge for Laughter and Quilts (@laughterandquilts on Instagram). Consider joining the quilt-a-long! They are using the hashtag #stormatseaQAL
· We held our 2015 election! New and returning board members are as follows:
o President: Stephanie Klaver
o VP Programming: Debbie Grifka
o VP Membership: Jackie Mills
o Treasurer: Jen Bernstein
o Secretary: Hayley Cason
· The election was followed by a very informative reading of the bylaws (which can be found on the top of the blog!). Consider refreshing your memory by rereading them this year!
· We saw some great progress on the round robin quilts and awesome finishes at Show and Share!
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.