Quilt University is coming to Ann Arbor from the Greater Ann Arbor guild. Neko shred some postcards with us - thanks!
- Erin Harris, Make Your Own Medallion, September 2019
- Rossie Hutchinson, Improv, April 2020
- More to come
- Was great! The new location in Tecumseh worked pretty well.
- Pro: cute town, pleasant space, nice quilt shop
- Con: Weird bathroom situation, snug workspaces
- Planning on doing charity sewing at the August sew-in.
- Also kinda holding that date for working together on a charity quilt for quilt con.
- We discussed ideas for the QuiltCon charity quilt. Heidi will lead and Rossie will help.
- What was that message from MQG all about? Text quilts with a political message, including those from Chawne Kimber, and other makers of color were left out.
- We could use some charity chair help.
- Emily will take quilts to the VA
- Rossie can help
- Next month's charity block is Scrappy Pinwheels via this tutorial from Brenda. Use low volume and bright colors.
- Our 2019 QC quilt will soon be up for auction at Grillin! Get the word out!
- Webinars are available, including a bunch that are quilt con lectures
- There is a new QuiltCon book club, and the current book is Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert.
- Members shared modern quilt books they like:
- Nicholas Bell: Quilts from the Attic
- Double Wedding Ring Revisited: Victoria Findalay Wolfe
- Round Robin
- Pillow Swap, Yankee Style!
- Poolside Tote Show-off
- Show and Share