Hello everyone! We had a great meeting last Wednesday! It was very nice to see everyone and spend some time talkin' sewin' instead of holiday planning!
Next Sew-in: Sunday, Dec 8
Next Meeting: Wednesday, Dec 18 (not our usual last-wednesday-of-the-month, due to holidays).
No swaps at the next meeting, but there IS a Holiday Social Hour! Come to Pink Castle at 5:30, bring some treats to share, and we'll have a festive time.
|Lauren showed this lama mini quilt. It's amazing. www.instagram.com/lekoch|
- We changed the seating arrangement from a giant circle to rows of chairs.
- January retreat: We have about 21 people who have given deposits to Ginia! We decided not to invite members of other guilds to the retreat, as we are already reaching comfort capacity.
- The committee for the Modern Quilting Exhibit for the Greater Ann Arbor Quilt Guild show will meet soon.
- Riley Blake Contest
- End date changed to Feb 2013
- Fabric available if you need some to start
- Elections will be held at the January Membership Meeting
- Nominate yourself! All our board positions are up for election. Job descriptions can be found in our bylaws (link at the top of the site).
- Before the election any office for which there is competition, we will send out newsletter laying out differences between candidates
- Charity Chair: a position that needs to be filled ASAP is someone to organize our charitable giving.
- So happy to report that after the meeting Stephanie and Pam agreed to be co-chairs! Thank you!
- Weekly Round-Up: Jenna is having a hard time keeping up with the Weekly Round-Up. Proposed either a volunteer runs the posts, or we change to a linky-party format.
- Amy volunteered to run the Round-Up! Thank you!
Member Spotlight - Amy Stevenson
- Next month we will hear from Vikki!
Skill School - Brenda talks about fabric
- Trends for 2014: metallics, foxes, horses, emerald greens, less new lines and more collaboration between artists!
Mug Rug Yankee Swap
Show and Share