The May meeting was held at N.E.W. with 14 members and 2 guests attending in person and 2 members attending via Zoom.
Membership: The guild now has 52 members. Welcome to Mike S. our newest member from Clare.
Meeting Space: A report was given on the move of meetings from our current location. The current plan is to have our June meeting as planned at N.E.W, however we will have an outdoor meeting at Southeast Area Park for our July meeting and the remainder of the meetings will move to the Ypsilanti Superior Library location for the remainder of the year.
- A report was given on the Lisa Ruble, Intro to Improv class on April 15th. The class was moved from NEW to Amy's home due to a power outage but the attendees had a great time.
- Future classes may include a group viewing of a Timna Tarr Map Making Class and possibly a presentation by Mother Cyborg. More to come!
- FQ Swap - bring a FQ, take a FQ. This month was geometrics, next month bring solids.
- DAMQG swap was a success - plans are to do this next year as well
- Due in June - Modern Block Challenge : get assigned a traditional block and make it modern. This can be any way you choose, e.g., fabric choice, quilt design, modifying the block, etc. Since this is a challenge, you keep what you make. There will be prizes.
- UFO/WIP - ongoing challenge to finish up those WIPS
- There are quilts to be quilted/finished. Check with Carol.
- MQG Community Quilt Challenge. We have been given the theme (Symmetry) and colors below. We will need to pick 4-8 of the colors with no neutrals. Members are encouraged to come up with design options for the quilt and either send to the board or bring to the June meeting.
- Amy gave a quick demo of how she uses EQ8 as well as the chat option for the guild over on Discord. She will post the Discord invite on the FB page but let us know if you like to join the various discussions in progress or just say hi.
- Classes taken in the last month and show and share quilts were shared