- We did a check-in to see if anything was needed for the Penny Layman class on the 1st
- Giedra is still looking for a good meeting space for us
- Snack sign-ups good for most of the year (thanks!)
- Charity Quilts: next month bring red-white-blue blocks (any combination). Should be 12-1/2" blocks (to finish at 12" to make 3x4 block quilts for Veterans). Still looking for donations of modern fabrics - we now have a fabric bin. Also are looking for volunteers to do shared quilts (someone does cutting, another piecing, another the quilting).
- Foodie Challenge: we showed off our finished mini-quilts. Show at Zingerman's has been extended by one day to give the Glamp attendees a chance to see them. June 2-5. Winner will be by popular vote (vote at Zingerman's). Prize sponsored by the Deli and Pink Castle Fabrics.
- SUMMER: Amanda reported that there are 4 options for a summer retreat (3 Howell dates (Jul 15-17, July 22, Aug 28) and one opening at Creative Passions also on Jul 15-18). A show-of-hands vote indicated a preference to try Creative Passions so Amanda will book that. July 15-17, $140 with continental breakfast and optional Thursday arrival (add'l fee). There is a 24 maximum attendance. She notes that we do not need to bring our own linens for this venue and supposedly has good chairs and restaurants near-by. www.creativepassionsllc.com/ 203 Pearl St, Chesaning, MI 48616. Amanda will send an email with details to the group - plan on paying at next meeting.
- WINTER: We will go to Hankerd Inn, planning on Jan. 27-29 weekend.
- Library Spotlight (new books - See Kim for details!)
- Member Spotlight: Postponing for awhile. Giedra will announce something different at next meeting.
- No Skill School this month
- Round Robin
- Show and Share
Curious. Can we bring/invite a friend that's not a member of the guild?ReplyDelete