|Stephanie's beautiful Round Robin quilt.
Next Sew-In: August 10 from 12 - 4pm. Book your space!
Next Meeting: August 27 at 6:30pm. Book your space! This meeting will take place at our normal Pink Castle Fabrics location.
Next Meeting Swap: Bring two fat quarters, unwrapped, for a fun swap!
See below for an additional note about upcoming swaps.
Jenna filled in as Vice President of Membership for Rossie.
- Summer Retreat: Thanks to Ginia for organizing!
- GAAQG SHOW: Thanks to Pam and our committee for organizing a great show!
- An idea that we should include our blog information in our blurbs next to the quilts.
- Rossie wrote a great blog post about the show.
- QuiltCon: Added new night classes for those who would like to add classes to their agenda.
- Pink Castle is moving September. New location is behind Big George’s on Stadium. We will have the location in August and there will be room for meetings for now but we are growing and will need a bigger space soon. Suggestions and ideas welcome. Next month’s meeting will be here.
- Jenna will ask Wolverine Brewery if there's a chance we could use the back room for our meetings. It may be too loud. They may charge us.
- There are still just a few spots for Andi’s class (Thursday night - crazy piecing - $50)
- We will soon need to elect officers. Although some of our officers are running again, others including our President, Vice President of Membership, and Secretary are not planning on running. Please consider volunteering to fill these positions! Our guild needs you!
- Crayon Challenge: We are doing a quilt challenge for our guild!
- Pick a crayon from a box at random.
- Make a quilt, at least 8" x 10", using just the shades of this color*. You can also use white, grey, and black. You may use patterned fabrics, but they have to stay within these color limitations.
- *To understand the spectrum of your crayon color, draw on a piece of paper using very light pressure and increase pressure until you see the crayon's darkest shade.
- Quilts are due at the November meeting. We will have a guild's choice winner, where our guild will vote on quilts through an email survey. Those who want to enter a quilt should bring a fat-quarter to enter into the prize pile. Winner takes all.
Andie Johnson Trunk Show: Thanks so much, Andie! We really enjoyed looking at your quilts and learning more about your book, Modern Designs for Classic Quilts.
Round Robin: Consider adding a new quilt block or sack of fabrics into the mix! We are running low on Robin-ers.
Swap: We did a block lottery and Kathy won! Look at the awesome blocks she's going to take home!
- At our next meeting, please think about if you would like to participate in an upcoming Super Stalker Swap. Either at the meeting, or by sending Dorie an email before the meeting, participant names will be collected to be assigned at the September meeting. This is a very fun project and it's a great way to get closer to a fellow member!
- Learn more about the swaps here.
Show and Share: