- Giucy Giuce will be teaching a class at on Saturday, April 13th. There is still room! Sign up before Friday when we open to the general public.
- Erin Harris will be teaching Make Your Own Medallion in September. Registration is not yet open. Kathy will look into getting books wholesale.
Kathy taught a paper piecing class and it went well. Laura and Tara showed their project from the class. There were eight people in the class.
What are people interested in learning about? Share with Maggie and the board!
- Our Spring retreat in May is full.
- Next retreat will be in January 2020.
- March 9th retreat only had one sign-up. (But now has 3. This sew-in is ON.)
- We're reviving and old thread about bag making.
- We're thinking of doing 3 different patterns at 3 different sew-ins, starting with beginner and working up.
- Maggie will be posting some pattern choices for voting on Facebook.
- Our show at the Gerald Ford is finally coming to an end after being delayed by the government shutdown.
- Maggie's sister's early childhood class got to take a trip to see the quilts.
- QuiltCon was enjoyed by the approx. 10 members that went.
- Our charity quilt is back already. Rossie proposed a sew day to add handwork to the circles in the quilt.
- Debbie taught, Jude volunteered, the rest of us took classes, saw the show, and ate too much.
- Kim brought quilt tops and back ripe for quilting. There are a bunch of these. Let's get them done!
- The idea of doing more quilts to auction was shared. While our black-based charity quilts are great for getting quilts done, it could be fun to explore more design-focused quilts.
- For the March meeting, the charity block is the 2x4 quilt. See Film in the Fridge's instructions here: http://filminthefridge.com/2016/04/07/two-by-four-a-quilt-block-tutorial. Use bright colors, with one light and one dark of the same color.
- We have a full color digital library!
- Check with Kim ahead of time if you want to take something out at a meeting.
- We're cleaning out the library. Books that haven't gotten circulation will be brought to a meeting and then donated if no one wants them.
- Cheryl demonstrated board basting.
- The technique was based on one pioneered by Sharon Schamber.
Giedra was the member spotlight. Next time it will be Rossie.
- The 2019 Swap list is ready and will be posted soon.
- March's swap is a block lottery. Bring a 12x12 Ohio star block. (pattern)
- Think about a piece of art to use for the Art Spark challenge in April.
- Sheryl is looking for a group to do a groups quilt to enter in the Toledo Kaleidoscope of Quilts show.
- We did a pouch swap.
- Round round was spun round
Show and share was amazing as always.