- Retreat at Creative Passions - done, all were happy and productive
- Crazy Mom Class signups are starting this evening. Cost will be $35 for members, $50 for non-members. Date: Trunk Show will be Friday, October 27 and we are sharing costs with DAM; our class will be Sunday October 29. We have not yet secured a location for the Sunday class.
- MQG Charity Quilts - Dorie is chairing and she still has open spots, primarily she still needs someone to agree to quilt it.
- Caravan to AQS - Maggie is coordinating a carpool/caravan to AQS on Saturday, August 19. Let her know if you are interested. She plans on leaving A2 at 7am, stopping at Fields Fabrics and then heading over to DeVos at 11am. The cost to the show is $14 unless you are already an AQS member. Sign ups were held at the meeting.
- August 6 will be a charity quilt sew-in for anyone who is interested (you do not need to do the charity quilts, it is totally voluntary).
- September 10 will be focused on the MQG charity quilt.
- Reminder to members that the board will no longer coordinate food at the sew-ins, but you must still sign up on the form that Kathy sends out.
- Maggie is looking into booking Joe Cunningham (Joe the Quilter). He is from San Francisco but has roots in the Flint area so is looking forward to coming back to Michigan to teach. We are considering February 18th (since Feb. 25 conflicts with QuiltCon).
- Maggie is also investigating a garment sewing class with Rae.
- MQG - reminder of webinar after this meeting at 9pm.
- Charity blocks - group decided to continue last months' bright and bold theme.
- The question came up about several quilts that were placed in the round robin bin at Pink Castle. The Board wanted to be sure they really were meant to be donated/quilted.
- Skill share: Heather Hentz demo'd how to make some small coin purses (pattern/tutorial available here: http://so-sew-easy.com/how-to-sew-coin-purse-with-a-sew-in-purse-frame/ )
- Vicky held a just-for-fun raffle. Thanks Vicky!!!
- Round Robin
- Swap: was a bring a book, take a book. Leftovers will go to the Library.
- Next month swap will be a challenge - finish a UFO. September will be Secret Stalker. Emily will send out a survey and assignments before next meeting.
Snack sign-ups for the rest of the year (we have some overlaps because I didn't have the prior sign-up sheet at the last meeting):
August: Snack (Kim U, Heidi, Ida) ; Drink (Susan U, Heather)
September: Snack (Jackie McGregor) ; Drink (Denise A)
October: Snack (Laura) ; Drink (Jody)
November: Snack (Pam E, Emily) ; Drink (Karen)