- Thank you to the following people who signed up for snacks
(May: Jessica M & Kim N; Jun: Jude F & Maggie W; Jul: Debbie T (we need someone for beverages); Aug: Kim U & Susan U; Sep: Jackie McG & Denise A; Oct: Emily S & Jody E; Nov: Pam E & Karen B.
- Penny Lehman Class
- Sign-ups are now closed for the guild and any open spots will be given to the DAMQG.
- They do need assistance with setup and provision of ironing boards and irons (Contact Giedra or Vicky if you can help)
- National Teachers
- Still working on Chris T for October or November. Looking at having him teach as part of a retreat and probably at Howell so everyone who wants to attend, can. It was suggested that we make sure he doesn't have a class size limit (Giedra will verify).
- Sew-Ins and Retreats
- A test run was held at Ann Arbor Library on April 8th. It is a nice space with plenty of outlets. Unfortunately it was not well attended. One big issue is that we cannot have food there and another is that the schedule is very tight for all day sewing (not many Sunday dates available)
- Giedra has had a look at New Center which also is very nice. More to come on that at future meetings. She feels it is an amazing space but the contact person is out until June 1.
- Zingerman's Foodie Challenge
- 16 people have signed up so far - would like to have 20.
- Final registration form needs to be turned in with your quilt at the May meeting.
- Make sure your mini-quilt is labeled and has a hanging sleeve or hanging corners.
- Giedra needs help with hanging the quilts and take down. Let her know if you are available on Thursday the 2nd and/or Sunday the 5th of June.
- Results of viewer choice voting will be announced at June meeting.
- Michigan Avenue Yard Sale
- Jackie Mills offered her yard but there does not appear to be enough interest to take part so we will table this idea for this year.
- MQG membership cards are in. See Jackie Mills if you didn't get yours.
- Charity Quilts
- We have a box for donations (need more!)
- Members are bringing dies and die cutters to the meeting. Suggested to keep the meeting from running long that members use the social time before the meeting to cut fabric (or quietly while the meeting is running)
- Pam Lincoln received a letter from Mott. She will forward it to Amy D.
- Board is continuing to look at the idea of relay or team charity quilts. Contact Karen Burton if you are interested in forming a team.
- Anyone who takes part in a charity quilt will have their name put in a drawing for a prize at the end of the year.
- We will also reinstate having a charity corner at all retreats (although it was noted that this is entirely voluntary).
- Charity challenge - 12-1/2" blocks in red/white/or blue to make quilts for the Veterans. Bring to May & June meetings.
- Jackson Pieces and Patches Quilt Guild brought a sample raffle quilt and made a presentation on their Annual Quilt Show which is May 14-15 at Jackson Catholic Middle School. See http://jacksonquiltguild.blogspot.com for more information.
- GAAQG is hosting Cathy Miller at the May Quilt Day - May 21. She also is giving a hexie class on that Sunday. See http://www.gaaqg.com for more details.
- Casual Quilters of Brighton are having a quilter to quilter sale on May 2nd at St. Patrick's Church.
- Board is also considering an "Introduce a Friend to Quilting" day. There was interest in this event from attendees.
Member Spotlight: Kim Ulrich
Skill School: Lynn Harris - Pressing Matters!
We shared our Upcycle Challenge projects (this month's Swap) as well as progress on Round Robin quilts and our monthly Show and Share.
Thank you Pam for taking photos for me. These are a mix of the upcycle challenge and our show and share. (NOTE: Since we forgot to ask, if you do not wish your photo posted above, let me know and I will remove it.)