Next Sew-In: September 18th - Thursday, from 5:00pm - 9:00pm. More details below. Book your space!
Next Meeting: September 25th at 6:30pm. Book your space! This meeting will take place at Pink Castle Fabrics' new location unless you hear otherwise ; )
Next Meeting Swap: SUPER SECRET STALKER SWAP. More details below.
- Pink Castle is moving mid September. New location is behind Big George’s on Stadium.
- Review the crayon challenge quilts challenge: projects due at the November meeting and more details here.
- Hand Applique Club: Second Wednesday at Panera Bread on Eisenhaur at 6:30pm. Bring your hand-sewing!
- A2MQG Board Positions! – please put yourself up for any position you are interested in. Open positions: President, VP of Membership, and Secretary
- MQG Charity Quilt Challenge- Stephanie asked that folks interested in working on the charity quilts (MQG charity work around Quilt Con) stay after the meeting to begin organizing If you missed the meeting, please email Stephanie (check your member directory)– there are requirements for colors and layout – Stephanie wants to put together two teams of at least 6 people (to make two quilts.)
- National MQG board elections: Rossie took the floor for a few minutes. MQG has asked her to gather ideas about the upcoming elections.
- Secret Stalker Swap Sign Ups!: Those who wanted to participate drew a name of another participant - keep it secret, keep it safe!
- Make a mini quilt, make a friend! Learn what your friend likes by looking at their social media activity, or just by observing what they like! Mini quilts should be no smaller than a mug rug, and no bigger than 24" on the longest side.
- Bring finished projects to the October meeting.
- Possible new locations for our meetings.
- Ann D. offered to look into the Ann Arbor Rec and Ed.
- Laura recommended a location in downtown Ann Arbor. The Menlo building.
- Jackie mentioned a school in Saline that might host us for $50 a year.
- Please research ideas and email your findings to a2modernquiltguild AT gmail
- Sew-Ins: We've had low turn-out, how can we make it better?
- We voted to switch it to the third Thursday of the month from 5pm - 9pm
- We will also continue to do all-day sew-ins - maybe every other month or every third month. Next all-day sew-in date to be determined.
Member Profile: Jackie Mills: Next month Kathy!
Round Robin: Hayley became a quilt angel and is working on Stephanie's quilt even though she doesn't even have one in the mix! What an angel.