For our members...
The Ann Arbor Modern Quilt Guild has agreed to put together a special exhibit featuring modern quilts. The goal is to help quilters unfamiliar with modern quilts learn about them. This exhibit will be part of the Greater Ann Arbor Quilt Guild Show on July 26 and 27, 2014, with set-up on July 25.
We hope to present a wonderful variety of modern quilts! Quilts will be selected for inclusion in the show by the show committee: Pam K, Ginia F, Kathy S, Rossie H, Brenda R, Debbie G. Please share your quilts with us! Don’t be shy!
We are especially looking for quilts with some of the key features of modern quilts. We are looking for quilts that may include:· Improvisational piecing
· Negative Space
· Alternate grid work/asymmetry
· Any design you consider modern
Quilts will be selected based on the above and on the sizes and colors needed to show our work to its best effect. You may submit as many quilts as you like. Please submit each quilt separately. If selected, you will need to attach a label with your name and a 4" hanging sleeve to the back of your quilt(s). Directions for a hanging sleeve will be provided with a tutorial at an upcoming AAMQG meeting.
The deadline for quilt submission is May 1, 2014. For each quilt you submit, answer the following questions and submit two digital photos – one shot of the full quilt and one detail shot. We prefer to receive submissions via email, but can make accommodations if that doesn’t work for you. If you don't have access to a digital camera, bring your quilt to the April AAMQG meeting and we will get the photos taken then.
You must be a member of the AAMQG to submit a quilt. To submit your quilt, simply paste your answers to the following questions into an email, attach your digital photos, and send it all to email@example.com
We are not placing a per person limit on quilts for this show and encourage you to submit multiple quilts. Since we’re looking to compose an exhibit that explains the many facets of modern quilts we need examples of all kinds of work!
Questions to answer:1. Your name
2. Your address
3. Your preferred phone
4. Your email address
5. Title of Quilt
6. Width of quilt
7. Length of Quilt
8. Year quilt was completed:
9. Is this quilt an original design? Was it inspired by another quilt or piece of art? Did you follow a pattern (if so, which one)?
10. List the techniques used in the quilt: for example: piecing, appliqué
11. Was this quilted by hand, on a domestic machine, or on a long arm machine?
12. Did anyone other than you work on the quilt? If so, what did they do?
13. Is this quilt for sale? If so, what is the price? We can connect quilters with prospective buyers after the show.
14. Please provide a short statement about your quilt. These statements will be used in the display, but we will edit them with and for you if your quilt is accepted. Please don’t worry about getting the words perfect. If you don’t what to write think about these things: what motivated you to make this quilt? How did you choose the layout? How did you choose the fabrics? Who did you make this quilt for? What, in your opinion makes this quilt a modern quilt?