Next Sew-In: Sunday, March 9 from 12 - 4pm at Pink Castle Fabrics
Next Meeting: Wednesday, March 26 at 6:30pm at Pink Castle Fabrics
book your spot on the Pink Castle Classes Page
- Swap: Block lottery - Disappearing 9 patch. For every block you make, you get an entry into the lottery. The lottery winner goes home with all the blocks. Here’s a link: http://www.psiquilt.com/2009/03/disappearing-9-patch-tutorial-super.html Details to come on size and layout.
- Dues are Due.
- $25 check (payable to Ann Arbor Modern Quilt Guild)
- $27 if you want PayPal (sign up email list)
- One Day Retreat is going to be April 27th.
- book your spot on the Pink Castle Classes Page
- Modern Feature - GAAQG - committee meeting info from Pam K.
- Information about the selection process for our quilts was distributed and has also been emailed to the membership.
- Submit your quilts to the committee by May 1
- Sarah Fielke is coming to teach!:
- Whirligi Hand Applique Workshop: Tuesday, May 13 from 10am - 3pm
- $60 for MQG members
- $75 for non MQG members after March 15
- Send Debbie an email for more information: ehq@sbcglobal DOT net
- There will also be a trunk show / meet and greet on Monday, May 14 at Pink Castle Fabrics in the evening. Contact Debbie or Brenda to RSVP.
- Summer Retreat: June 26 - 29th at the Hankerd Inn. Please bring a $50 deposit check made out to the Ann Arbor Modern Quilt Guild to our next meeting if you'd like to attend.
- QuiltCon: Jenna volunteered to be a QuiltCon chair. She will work to gather everyone's information who is attending and to help coordinate rooms and flights.
- Riley Blake Contest:
- Participants showed their quilts.
- An email from Survey Monkey will go out to the membership. All members can vote and a winner will be announced at the next meeting and receive the pile of fabric!
Member Spotlight - Brenda Ratliff by Maureen WalshNext Month: Courtney!
Skill School - QAYG by Kathy Schmidt
Next Month: Debbie teaches Quilt Sleeves
Show and Share
Tools Freebie: Members dropped off tools they no longer use or need for sewing. Someone's trash became someone's treasure!