Next Sew-In: February 9 from 12pm - 4pm. Please book your space through Pink Castle Fabrics.
Next Meeting: February 26 at 6:30pm. Please book your space through Pink Castle Fabrics.
- Please bring your Riley Blake entry, as well as a Fat Quarter, if you would like to participate. More details below.
- We will be doing a tools de-stash! Have sewing/quilting tools that you aren’t into? Bring them to the meeting and maybe someone else will enjoy them!
- Elections: our current board was unopposed, leaving the positions unchanged.
- President: Brenda R.
- VP of Programs: Debbie G.
- VP of Membership: Rossie H.
- Treasurer: Jen B.
- Secretary: Jenna B.
- By-Law Review and Approval
- One revision was proposed and approved, changing our dues year to October - October.
- PayPal Fees: tiered pricing for dues, or flat rate for everyone that covers fees?
- Proposal: do you want to pay $25 if you write a check, $27 if you pay via PayPal, or should everyone pay $26?
- A majority vote ruled for $25 if you write a check, $27 if you pay via PayPal.
- MEMBERSHIP DUES ARE DUE NEXT MEETING
- January retreat - Refunds have occurred and we are all set
- Charity: Pam and Stephanie have charity suggestion for retreat
- VA hospital lap quilts: economy blocks in red, white, and blues or masculine shades. There will be instructions for how to make the blocks at the retreat. Please bring fabrics to add to our charity collection if you have any to spare.
- Jenna has some fussy cut center square blocks that can be framed out as desired. They will be joined eventually to be donated.
- Pam talked about Margaret's Hope Chest, an organization that needs quilts for various programs.
- Pam has also reached out to Motts Children's Hospital and is awaiting a response
- Ele's Place is looking for donations (perhaps through an auction quilt) and are also looking for teachers
- Modern Feature - GAAQG - committee meeting info from Pam
- An introduction to the guidelines was offered by Debbie. Formal guidelines for submission are to follow.
- Quilts will need to be submitted to the committee by May 1st
- Riley Blake Contest
- OUR GUILD CONTEST: Bring entry items to our next meeting! February!
- Those who wish to enter the contest should bring a Fat Quarter to put in a pool.
- We will do a Survey Monkey form to have the guild pick a winner.
- Winner will take the fabric stack!
- THE MOTHERSHIP MODERN GUILD CONTEST:
- Completed photos must be posted in the FINISHED forum here.
- Members can make anything they want as long as it is quilted.
- Add in any solids fabric or Riley Blake printed fabric.
- You do not need to use all the fabrics given to you.
- Upload and share your photos to the Fabric Challenge Forum on the Community site here.
- Don’t forget to use the #mqgrileyblakechallenge on Instagram and Twitter!
- Ten finalists will be announced February 19, 2014.
- Riley Blake will pick three winners and announce the final winners on February 24, 2014.
- Overview of current Guild budget - Jen B.
- One Day Retreat: Sunday, April 27 from 9am - 9pm. Cost is $20 and spaces can be booked through the Pink Castle Classes webpage. Space is limited.
Member Spotlight - Maureen Walsh by Vicky Gaines
- Next month, we will Spotlight Lynn Harris!
Show and Share
Ugly FQ Swap
Meeting Ends (8:30)