Minutes, November 2019
- Upcoming classes for 2020
- April 2020 - Rossie Hutchinson - improv
- 04 October 2020 - Latifah Saafir.. She has a lot of great class offerings.
- The winning Latifah class was the Clam Toss.
- Winter 2020 retreat - January 24-26 at Creative Passions in Chesaning
- RETREAT IS FULL! If you want to pay by check, see Cheryl. If she sent you an invoice please pay ASAP. We have 3 people on the waitlist, so if you think you cannot go, let us know ASAP.There will be a mini swap. Bring something if you'd like to participate. Kathy will coordinate.
- We’ve been asked to consider showing 4-5 of our modern quilts in the GAAQG quilt show next summer. The quilts will be shown with art quilts as well as civil war quilts - to show the range of quilts available. Is there interest? We need to commit soon-ish. There will be 12 quilts on display,
What types of themes should we do next year? Ideas
- Garment sew-in
- Paper piecing (again)
- Free motion ideas & ruler work
- Next isDEC - Sunday, Dec 8
- 2020 dates coming soon!
- Four of Six missing red arrows or disappearing 9-patch found.
- Food Gatherer’s charity quilt will be Polaroids, led by Kathy.
- No December charity challenge. Finish any charity blocks/projects you have or you can make a 62” wide strip of stripes using bold & bright fabrics
- Thanks to all who participated this month!
- Mott’s is no longer taking baby quilts for the time being. We will instead be diverting the baby quilts to Safe house.
- Heidi from Ozone House will be attending our February meeting to talk about the work they do there and how our quilts are being used. It would be great to present her with some quilts when she comes.
- Quilt Labels in blue bin. Jackie has some if you need them.
- Annual dues are $42 with $2 discount for paying by check. You will also need to fill out a new membership form. There is a PayPal link on the website a2mqg.org
- Next meeting:
- December will be a holiday party at the Session Room in AA. It will be December 18. 6:00-9:00pm in the lounge area next to the bar.
- We will send out an RSVP poll the first week of December to see how many to expect and then we can let you know if you can bring a plus one- We will do a notions swap with a $20 limit.
- We are putting together a survey that we will distribute to all members in the coming months to get a sense of what things you are most interested in to help us with planning the next couple of years.
- Merchandise! ROSSIE
- draft of artwork to have done by professional if approved
- sample of hoodie I love (and price to order them--multiple colors and sizes possible)
- will ask for info/feedback on t-shirts (what cut and design do people like)
- No Round Robin until January
- November 30 is last day to sign up for free floor pass
- New Modern Monthly is out! You can access all of the resources under resources on the member dashboard as well.
- MQG Sessions | May 7-9, 2020 | Denver, Colorado
- The MQG Sessions will bring modern quilting workshops to cities across the U.S., and we're pleased to announce that the first event will be in Denver, Colorado, with a focus on handwork! Seven experienced instructors will lead workshops all about hand sewing — from embroidery to sashiko to hand piecing and more. Join us to master various arts of handwork.
- November 1, 2019: Workshop details have been revealed
- December 1, 2019: Registration opens for MQG Members
- January 6, 2020: Registration opens for Non-Members
- Each workshop includes a six hour session with instructor, as well as breakfast and lunch onsite. Each full day workshop is broken into an AM session and PM session.
- One day workshop - $200 for members/ $240 for non-members
- Three one day workshops - $540 for members/ $648 for non-members
- Evening trunk show & cocktail party - $10/each
We did a jelly roll race!
Skill share - Lana showed us laser etching on fabric and gave a Maker Works tour
Swapenge - November - Block Lottery – Sawtooth Star - Ida won!
Show and Share