Thursday, September 28, 2017

September 27, 2017

Old Business

  • Crazy Mom Amanda Jean
    • Spin Class at Washtenaw Community College (Oct 29) is full.  If you cannot attend please be sure to let Maggie know right away as we have a wait list.  Attendees have received class information. 
      • Please be sure to purchase her book No Scrap Left Behind. (Stash Books, 2017) One book is required for each student in the class. Here is an amazon link:
        https://www.amazon.com/No-Scrap-Left-Behind-Celebrate-ebook/dp/B01N9T5FUC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1506349474&sr=8-1&keywords=no+scrap+left+behind
    • Trunk Show, Friday October 27 is open to all members free of charge
      • Schoolcraft College, 1751 Radcliff, Garden City (South Parking Lot, Room 320)
      • She will be doing a book signing and there will be refreshments
      • If you want to bring a guest, cost is $10 at the door 

  •  MQG Charity Quilt is in progrss, Dorie will be quilting it and then it just needs binding.  Thanks to all who participated!
  • MQG is having a mini-quilt swap starting October 1 with ship due by February 1st.  They will also have swap meet-up at QuiltCon but you do not need to attend in order to participate in the swap.
 New Business
  •  Classes on tap for 2018
    • Made by Rae garment (Ruby) class - date TBD but will probably be January at NEW. Proposed cost will be $50 for members.  https://shop.made-by-rae.com/products/ruby-dress-top
    • Joe the Quilter - Saturday, April 14.  He will have a trunk show and class
    • We are also looking into co-sponsoring with DAM two classes next year (more to come on details!)
      • Annabelle Wrigley (Doodle Quilts)
      • By Annie (bag)
  • Charity Quilts
    • The two Jackie's and others have put together some charity quilts that you can 'check out' and work on a lot or a little (or all if you are so inspired!).  The kits include fabric and a pattern.  Please fill out Jackie McGregor's sign up sheet if you take a kit. 
    • Reminder of sizes:  Veteran's and Motts get the 3' x 4' size and Ozone house gets twin and should be geared towards teens.
    • Next month please bring pillowcases which we will give to Ozone (again think pre- to teen+ for likes).

  • Nominations - reminder that we will be entertaining nominations for officers at October meeting with elections at the January meeting.  Please talk to a Board member if you are interested and have questions.  Also, see our by-laws for a description of officer duties.
  •  Discussion / Sharing - we shared holiday gift giving ideas (pillowcases, One Hour Pouch (zipper pouch), use any Elizabeth Hartman pattern and make a pillow or wallhanging, check out from your local library a book on 'Gift Giving Quilts' if you really really like someone and want to give a bigger gift, nordic star ornaments)
  • Skill School - Brenda Rowley-Gray presented how she makes Bento Bags.  In case you missed the handout, here are the links she provided:
    • http://tinyhappy.typepad.com/tiny_happy/2016/08/tutorial-lined-bento-bag.html
    • http://www.prettyprudent.com/2013/08/baby-kid/diy-bento-tote/
    • http://www.simplysewingmag.com/free-projects/fast-fat-quarter/great-british-sewing-beeinternationalhowtomakeabentobag/
    • http://www.thedailysew.com/2016/08/how-to-make-a-bento-bag/
    • http://indigobird-design.blogspot.com/2016/01/tutorial-knitting-bento-bag-azuma.html

  • Next month's skill school will be a discussion of how various members make labels (Rossie: screenprint; Kim: hand embroidery; Kathy: machine embroidery; Maggie: Spoonflower).  Let Maggie know if you have another technique that you'd like to share.
 Regular Features:
  • Library - Let Kim know if you want to borrow a book
  • Round Robin - more people are participating so feel free to jump in at any time
  • Swaps - 
    • Secret Stalker Swap ensued.
    • Next month (October) is Halloween Yankee Swap so bring your halloween themed mini wrapped.
    • November is our ornament swap
    • December is yankee swap for sewing-type notions

Monday, September 11, 2017

August 30, 2017

Old business:

Crazy Mom Quilt Class – full, with wait list, Maggie will send out info to the people in the class. If you are in the class, you will need to buy the book, it’s around $18 on Amazon (also available for Kindle).


No Scrap Left Behind: 16 Quilt Projects That Celebrate Scraps of All Sizes
by Amanda Jean Nyberg
Link: http://a.co/i1O3YEZ

The Friday night trunk show is at the Schoolcraft college in Garden City. We are going to maybe arrange to have dinner before the trunk show, and there will be more info on that later.

Schoolcraft College, 1751 Radcliff Street, Garden City, MI, United States - Room 320
7:00-9:00pm
From DAM FB page > Trunk Show presenting Amanda's new book, "No Scrap Left Behind". Amanda will talk about her quilting journey, her creative process, & show some of her amazing quilts! There will be time for questions, book signing & refreshments will be served. An evening not to be missed. FREE to A2MQG members, $10 fee for guests, payable in cash at the door. Bring your books for signing! PRE REGISTRATION REQUESTED

Charity blocks were turned in for QuiltCon guild quilt, to be put together at the Sew-In 9/10.

AQS Grand Rapids – some people talked about what they liked when they went.

New business:

Joe Cunningham class, April 14th, Saturday, at NEW with a Friday trunk show, place to be decided
 there will be some class options to decide from on Facebook or email

Rae class: women’s clothing pattern.
$45 + cost of pattern, full day, Ruby or Gemma probably.
12 people max and we need a volunteer garment sewist to be her helper

QuiltCon Pasadena 2 members have decided to go

Charity chair: Traveling quilt kit, kits set up to move between people

Paying to have quilts quilted, seems favorable, no one has concerns.

Solids – donate to the charity quilts, large pieces for kits (or purchase?) Asking for anyone to donate quilt kits if anyone has them sitting around not using them.

National guild mini quilt swap, sign up October 1, ship in February (or meet up at QuiltCon)

Thank you card from Ozone house for quilts passed around

Library spotlight

Skill share – Debbie Grifka showed us text in quilts, with fusible applique

Next month – discussion of gift giving, tips gift ideas, Brenda Rowley Gray will demo gift bags.

Harvey – national is waiting for Houston guild to ask for help before starting.

Elections nomination start next month, please think about joining the board, ideally we’d like to turn over 1-2 board members.

Secret stalker swap due at September meeting. 24x24 max, bring unwrapped

October will be a Halloween swap. Details coming.


Monday, August 21, 2017

July 26, 2107 Minutes

Apologies for the lateness in getting this out!

Old Business:
  • Retreat at Creative Passions - done, all were happy and productive
  • Crazy Mom Class signups are starting this evening.  Cost will be $35 for members, $50 for non-members. Date: Trunk Show will be Friday, October 27 and we are sharing costs with DAM; our class will be Sunday October 29.  We have not yet secured a location for the Sunday class.
  • MQG Charity Quilts - Dorie is chairing and she still has open spots, primarily she still needs someone to agree to quilt it.
  • Caravan to AQS - Maggie is coordinating a carpool/caravan to AQS on Saturday, August 19. Let her know if you are interested.  She plans on leaving A2 at 7am, stopping at Fields Fabrics and then heading over to DeVos at 11am.  The cost to the show is $14 unless you are already an AQS member.  Sign ups were held at the meeting.
  • Sew-Ins
    • August 6 will be a charity quilt sew-in for anyone who is interested (you do not need to do the charity quilts, it is totally voluntary).
    • September 10 will be focused on the MQG charity quilt.
    • Reminder to members that the board will no longer coordinate food at the sew-ins, but you must still sign up on the form that Kathy sends out.
New Business:
  • Maggie is looking into booking Joe Cunningham (Joe the Quilter).  He is from San Francisco but has roots in the Flint area so is looking forward to coming back to Michigan to teach.  We are considering February 18th (since Feb. 25 conflicts with QuiltCon).
  • Maggie is also investigating a garment sewing class with Rae.
  • MQG - reminder of webinar after this meeting at 9pm.
  • Charity blocks - group decided to continue last months' bright and bold theme. 
  • The question came up about several quilts that were placed in the round robin bin at Pink Castle.  The Board wanted to be sure they really were meant to be donated/quilted.
  • Skill share:  Heather Hentz demo'd how to make some small coin purses (pattern/tutorial available here: http://so-sew-easy.com/how-to-sew-coin-purse-with-a-sew-in-purse-frame/ )
  • Vicky held a just-for-fun raffle.  Thanks Vicky!!!
  • Round Robin
  • Swap:  was a bring a book, take a book.  Leftovers will go to the Library.
  • Next month swap will be a challenge - finish a UFO.  September will be Secret Stalker.  Emily will send out a survey and assignments before next meeting.

Snack sign-ups for the rest of the year (we have some overlaps because I didn't have the prior sign-up sheet at the last meeting):

August:  Snack (Kim U, Heidi, Ida) ; Drink (Susan U, Heather)
September: Snack (Jackie McGregor) ; Drink (Denise A)
October: Snack (Laura) ; Drink (Jody)
November: Snack (Pam E, Emily) ; Drink (Karen)

Saturday, July 8, 2017

June 28, 2017 Minutes

Old Business
  • Sew-Ins - next will be Sunday July 16 and August 6th.  Form has been created.  Board has decided not to do the lunch coordination so there will be no payment needed, but members must sign up  so we know who is planning on being there in case of cancellations or other building issues.
  • Summer Retreat @ Creative Passions July 21-23 - event is full
  • Crazy Mom Quilt Class October 29 - images posted on FB. Attendees will need to purchase her book. Tentative costs are $55 which would include the book ($35 if you already have it or wish to purchase it on your own).  Location, final cost and sign-ups coming in an email soon.
  • The Board reported on the decision for the MQG membership.  About 70% of the members voting want to stay with the National Guild so we are sticking with that decision and hopefully move forward in a positive way.  It was recommended that members take a more active role in National if they so choose.
New Business
  • Charity Quilt MQG - Dorie presented her idea for the quilt (Single Irish Chain on Point) and mentioned that she will be putting out a sign up sheet shortly.  The Board has decided to chip in for the batting and fabric. 
  • Charity quilts - 
    • the quilt top put together from last month was shown. Jen B offered to quilt it.  
    • Rossie also showed off the churn dash quilt that she finished.  
    • Blocks for this month were shown - we collected 12 red/white/blue/star blocks.  
    • It was decided for next month to have bold colors and black, pattern to be strips (either do a strip quilt or put blocks together with strips) in an attempt to make a twin size that might appeal to teens (this may continue for a few months since that is a larger attempt).
    • We need more quilt labels.  It was decided rather than make Brenda embroider more that Amy S will order labels from Spoonflower.
    • Charity quilt for Food Gatherers sold for $225
    • September or October sew-in will include an option for attendees to work on either the MQG Charity quilt or other charity blocks.
  • QuiltCon - so far looks like only a couple of people are planning on attending
  •  Swap - mini-mini swap was a success (next month is 'quilting book' swap)
  • There were two new members present.
Skill Share: Kathy presented HSTs and some quilt math
  • 2 squares at a time > Finished HST + 1 inch
  • 8 squares at a time > 2 x (Finished HST + 1 inch). 
  • Recommended book: "Patchwork Essentials: The Half-Square Triangle" by Jeni Baker. 
  • Link to no-waste flying geese www.patchpieces.com/files/flyinggeese.pdf

Regular Features: library report, round robin, we held introductions and small discussion for the new members

Monday, June 12, 2017

May 31, 2017 Meeting Minutes

Thank you Amy S for your great note-taking!

Old Business:

Sew ins were discussed. We have had a drop off in attendance, the membership just seems busy, no one suggested changes of format.
Next two sew ins are June 3, and July 16.

The class with Kathy Schmidt was discussed, and attendees were pleased with what they learned.

Summer retreat is at 12 people, and most have turned in forms. There are a few spots left. Talk to Amy S if you are interested (stevenson.amyk@gmail.com)

The quilt that was going to Food Gatherers for their summer auction has been dropped off.

New Business:

Programs: Amanda Jean of Crazy Mom Quilts is doing a class and a joint trunk show in late October for our guild and for DAMQG. The trunk show will be at Schoolcraft college in Livonia. The class location is TBD,but the date is Sunday, October 29. More info will be sent out by Maggie soon.

The AQS show in Grand Rapids will be August 16-19, the guild is thinking of organizing a few caravans/carpools to it on the Saturday, with a side jaunt to Fields Fabrics. An email will be sent to find participants.

Skill share - some discussion of English Paper Piecing, followed by some discussion of paper choice for Foundation Paper Piecing. Vellum is favored by some.

The DAMQG is hosting Heather Givans for a workshop and trunk show. The workshop is $80 for non-members, and on June 17th. The trunk show is the day before. You can register through their site: https://thedetroitmodernquiltguild.com/

The Modern Quilt Guild, stay or go, email has been sent out. Please vote!

MQG Charity Quilt for QuiltCon. Dorie agreed to organize/design it, provided a good number of people would sign up to make 1-2 blocks. Many hands were raised to say they would, so she will update us on that soon.

Charity blocks, a good number of 12.5" churn dashes were turned in, enough for 2 small quilts. They were split into 2 groups to be turned into tops.

For next month, bring in 12.5" (unfinished) Red, White, and Blue blocks, stars were suggested.

Inspiration: Karen brought in a beautiful mini quilt that she received in a swap.

Round Robin: We could use a few more participants. It would be a good way to work on a communal charity quilt! Put together some fabric in a bag, and put yourself in!

Challenge: Many cool curved pieces were shown.

Swaps: Next month is the mini mini swap! Make a finished quilt that finishes at 8" square or less. Amy S. started a hashtag on instagram: #a2mqgminiminiswap if you want to add your teaser pictures to it.

Once your quilt is complete, make sure you put your name on it as its creator, and wrap it, because we will use the yankee swap to swap them! If you can't be there, and still want to participate, you can send your package with a fellow member to act as your agent, or send it in via the blue bin at PCF. (But let Amy S or Emily know if its there (or both, to be on the safe side!))

It was Anna's last meeting before she heads back to Washington state, and we will miss her! Anyone wanting to make blocks for her memory quilt should hook up with her via the Facebook group for details.

Thursday, May 11, 2017

April 26, 2017 Meeting Minutes

Old Business:
  • Quilt Show went very well.  Debbie says all quilts are back with their owners.
  • Charity quilts:  a discussion was held on what we could do to encourage creation of more charity quilts.  The idea was brought up that we could insert a charity quilt into the Round Robin.  There seemed to be interest in this but would also be nice if we had more Round Robin participants.  The membership decided that it would be good to pick a block and suggest that members make one or more for the next meeting.  The group decided on a pastel CHURN DASH.  It should be a 12.5" block (12" finished), it can be wonky or traditional. If you create mini-churn dashes you should make enough to complete a 12.5" block.  Members can also make more than one of course and even a full top (either 3x4 blocks or twin size).
  • Sew-Ins: Saturday May 6, Saturday Jun 3, Sunday Jul 16
  • Retreat at Creative Passions: there are still a few openings, so far there is only one person interested in the Thursday night attendance so we probably won't offer that option.  Amy has sent out a waiver that the retreat needs filled out.  Please check your email and send that back in if you are attending.
New Business
  • MQG Town Hall: Amy D presented a report on the town hall which was held April 12.  She noted that they are looking for people interested in serving on a QuiltCon Jurying and Judging Task Force.  She also presented the block of the month (layered triangles with transparency).  
  • MQG Membership:  as noted a few months ago the Board is revisiting the decision whether to stay or opt out of MQG membership.  There will most likely be a poll sent out to the group and the Board is strongly encouraging people to take a side.  It was very hard for the board to make a decision when there was not a clear mandate from the membership.
Features
  • Library report
  • Skill School:  Kathy presented how to avoid wonky borders.  
  • Member share:  what inspired you?
  • Round Robin (need more participants!)
  • Swaps:  Several members participated in a swap for hot pads/potholders.   Next month's swap is a challenge:  Show us your curves!   The following month if you want to get a jump on it is "Mini-Mini" (this is a very small, 8" or smaller quilt and will be a yankee swap).

March 29, 2017 Meeting Minutes

Sorry for the late post members. Life got away from me.

Old Business
  • Quilt Show in Ypsi over on Saturday, April 1; Quilts should be picked up on Sunday, April 2.
  • Emily has sent the Charity "House" blocks to Canada 
  • Sew-Ins:  May 6, Jun 3, Jul 16
  • Free Motion Quilting class by Kathy Schmidt is April 30th. There are still openings (11 people so far have signed up). Cost: $35
  • Summer Retreat July 22nd: Cost per person is $140 and we can have 16 attendees.  Currently there are 10 signups
New Business
  • Maggie is coordinating with DAM to host Crazy Mom Quilts on October 27 and 29.  Unfortunately NEW is not available those days so the Board is looking into other venues.  A suggestion was made to look into using the Quilt Patch in Tecumseh.
  • Amy D attended the Leadership meeting at QuiltCon.  They did not speak about the derivative quilt post, did talk about fundraising efforts and they are looking for people who are interested in writing articles (they will pay for them).  Amy noted that the quilts in the show were very cool.
  • Ideas were discussed for potential future skill schools: spray basting, quilt labels, multiple ways to do something (e.g., different approaches for a technique); wavy borders (Kathy offered to present this next month).  Members are encouraged to contact Maggie if you have an idea or would like to present.
Features:
  • Library report
  • Round Robin
  • Show and Share
  • Skill School: Brenda Ratliff demo'd the Turbo 4-Patch Ruler by Creative Grids
  • Swap/Challenge:  This month was a challenge to make something using the Pantone color of the year (green). Kim Ulrich won the drawing.   Next month the swap will be a hot pad/potholder yankee swap.
  • Charity quilts: nothing new this month, but members are encouraged to use the donated fabric in the bin

Sunday, March 12, 2017

February 22, 2017 Meeting Minutes

Old Business
  • The Board met with Alissa Carlton (MQG Executive Director).  Here are notes from the meeting:
    • The purpose of the derivative post was directed towards being an instruction for quilters who were copying art works directly with their quilts for QuiltCon - not meant to be a statement on quilting inspiration, etc.
    • The post was a symptom of a larger issue of communication and not getting input from members before posting
    • In the past they have had committees (and will still have some) but are now looking to developing task forces
    • Any member can suggest an idea for a task force (on website)
    • And she said we could email her anytime with concerns.

      Our concerns:
      • Often when MQG asks for volunteers, they ask for too much experience or don't act like they really want or appreciate - need to be more inclusive
      • Same when suggestions are made, we've met some resistance 
      • Need to include smaller guilds when they put together focus groups - not just the large guilds [she said most guilds are actually our size in the 35-55 size range]
      • Concern that we would like better contact with regional guilds, concern that maybe our regional rep is not really in our region (geographically) [she clarified that the regions are not geographic necessarily - not midwest - but rather a way to make sure each of the regions has approximately the same number of members and representations]
      • Andrew (our regional rep) is holding round tables (last one was January)
      • Also putting out a quarterly newsletter
      • We suggested that MQG could facilitate a way for regions (close geographic proximity like Detroit, Toronto, Chicago) to post events and communicate
      • We stated being unhappy with statements made that it wouldn't matter if we withdrew because our money isn't where they get their funding [clarification was that she meant more that the money isn't what is important to them but the members are]
      • We asked what MQG could do for us as a guild since we don't really need 'new guild' help
        • she said to check out new resources page
        • there is a webinar on bringing in teachers
        • they are adding more documents on how to lead a guild
        • we could show all or part of webinars at guild meetings
        • block of the month
        • they have articles on all kinds of topics and will pay for new articles
        • they are planning this year on adding more documents on all kinds of things, she will consider looking into topics around more advanced guild needs (what happens after year 2)
        • she mentioned that we are unique in that we are the only guild that doesn't need the 501(c)3 status of National
  • Quilt Show
    • Postcards are available for members to take and place around town
    • Need volunteers to help setup on Thursday
    • Quilts to be dropped off at the Gallery on Sunday
    • Our charity quilts will be displayed
  • Sew-ins
    • Someone suggested it would be nice to have music.
    • Next sew-in is March 12
    • April sew-in will be a class (see new business)
  • Summer  Retreat - Creative Passions
    • Sign ups coming soon
    • Will be in July
    • $150 which will include continental breakfast
New Business
  • Free Motion Quilting class by Kathy Schmidt - to be held on April 30th at NEW.  Cost: $35
  •  Maggie would like ideas for skill schools (one suggestion was on how to make quilt labels including screenprinting, embroidery, etc.)
  • Charity/Swap/Challenge - this month Emily coordinated creating blocks for the Quilts for Quebec project (houses). 

  • March challenge will be to create something using the Pantone color of the year (Greenery). Emily says there may be a prize!

  •  Member spotlight - the group discussed whether we wanted to make changes to this. It was a concenus to keep it with 5-6 people and one inspiration.  Tonight we had a discussion on how people organize their quilting rooms, fabric, supplies.
  • Charity quilts - we discussed that for this new year we are adding Ozone House.  The size requirement is a little different as they support teens so would like twin size quilts.  We also can continue to make quilts for the V.A. and Mott - those are 3'x4' in size.
  • Skill school - Maggie presented how to make cute cathedral window pin cushions. Tutorial here: http://www.gogokim.com/2011/12/cathedral-window-pin-cushion-tutorial.html?m=1
  • Fresh Quilting TV Show - airs on Feb. 23 PBS - Brenda & Rossie are two of our local talent featured on the show
 
Features:
  • Library report (let Kim know if you want her to bring books to the meeting) 
  • Round Robin is starting back up again. Remember to bring your projects.  If you can't make it to the meeting, you can drop off your month's work at Pink Castle

Monday, February 6, 2017

January 25, 2017 Minutes

Old Business
  • Email sent from the Board to MQG seemed to have been received favorably. They would like to teleconference with the board to hear and discuss our concerns. Members should let Amy D know if there things she should bring up to them either at that meeting or when she goes to the leadership meeting at QuiltCon.
  • Quilt Show preparations are in progress. Everyone who submitted a quilt has been accepted. Quilts will be hung February 26 from 12:00-2:00. Debbie is still trying to get information on how quilts will be hung and hanging sleeve requirements. She will email participants with details. Debbie will be at QuiltCon so there will need to be assistance from other guild members to coordinate. The Show is March 3 (Friday) through April 1.  There will be a reception we will need to cover and provide refreshments for March 3 from 5-7pm (Ypsilanti's First Friday event). The gallery is open Thurs/Fri 3-8pm and Sun 1:30-4.  We will need volunteers to staff.
  • Retreat at Hankerd Inn was last weekend. There were 16 attendees. Feedback was not as positive as has been previously so we may want to reconsider using this venue (no ability for someone to opt out of the food with lower payment, facility did not seem as clean as in the past, there were at least 2 reports of vermin (squirrels? or other?) in the ceilings.
  • Charity quilts from the past (2014-15)
    • the Board announced that we have altered our previous decision to sell the 3 quilts in question on eBay. Instead we will be donating 2 for use to Ozone House and 1 to Grilling for the Hungry to auction. These are the same recipients as we'd decided before, just getting the guild out of the process of having to sell them.
    • A recommendation was made to potentially show these at the Quilt Show.  Debbie will see if there is space.
  • Sew-Ins - 
    • dates have been set for the year. We tried to set up about 1/2 of them on Saturdays and 1/2 on Sundays although we weren't able to get an even flip-flop per month based on availability.  Dates are:  Feb 19, Mar 12, Apr 8, May 6, Jun 3, Jul 16, Aug 6, Sep 10, Oct 7, Nov 4, Dec 3.  
    • Note that any of these dates may be re-purposed for teaching events.
    • Based on majority of members attending, the Board has decided to keep with charging $15 to cover food.  A reminder was given to the guild that were we to pay the rent on the space, the cost would be $90-125 so members should consider that a benefit of their membership.
  • Teaching events -
    • Kathy is still looking into the antique/vintage sewing machine repair class although it has gotten trickier to schedule with our space now that we've realized it is a two day class. More to come...
New Business
  • Summer Retreat
    • Creative Passions, July 22
    • Smaller building, will hold 16 members
    • Discussion was held as to whether we want to consider dates later in the year for next year's retreat. A consensus of members in attendance felt last September/early October would be better
    • Cost: $150 per person (+$30 for Thursday)
  • Small thank you flowers were given to last year's guild chairs and departing officer (Karen [charity],  Kim [library], Emily [swaps], Amanda [retreats], Giedra [programs].
  • Bylaws
    • Annual Bylaw review was held by making it a Bylaw Bingo game with donated prizes for all participants
    • Kathy will be posting suggested revisions for the membership to review and vote on.
  •  Elections were held as follows:
    • President - Amy Diebold
    • Vice-President, Programs - Maggie Wilkin
    • Vice-President, Membership - Jackie Mills
    • Treasurer - Amy Stevenson
    • Secretary/Webmaster - Kathy Koch
  •  Board and Committee Reports:
    •  Amy S. presented a Treasurer's report to the membership.  
      • It was noted that we submitted a membership of 55 to MQG for annual dues.
      • We have maintained a balance of approximately $4K in the bank.  Discussion was held on what the membership wanted to do with the money:
        • teachers
        • paying for or supplementing food at retreats 
    • Charity quilts
      • Last year we had several challenges including a charm pack challenge
      • Donated quilts to the PULSE effort in Florida
      • Donated 3'x4' quilts to Motts and the V.A. hospitals
      • For next year some of the ideas include donating directly to Ozone House (they would like twin size since they cater to teens)
      • Brenda has agree to embroider labels to go on donated quilts (someone also suggested we see if Rossie has the screenprint used in past years)
      • Since Maggie was elected VP, we asked for a volunteer to take this position and Jackie MacGregor volunteered.
  • Chair positions for 2017 are:
    • Swaps - Emily Schildhouse
    • Library - Kim Ulrich
    • Charity - Jackie MacGregor
    • Retreats - Amy Stevenson
    • Quilt Show - Debbie Grifka
Monthly Features
  • Library
  • Round Robin (not enough participants this month although others expressed interest - suggested we pick up next month)
  • Member Spotlights (Most Frustrating Make)
  • Show and Share