Next Month's Swap: Bring 1 - 2 yards (total) worth of fabric that you are willing to part with from your stash. Wrap them up for a Yankee Swap!
- Dues are past due. People who have not paid will be removed from our email list soon.
- Modern Quilt special exhibit with GAAQG - deadline for entry is May 1. Forms were sent out by email. Submit your quilt now!
- The summer retreat will be June 26-29. Submit your $50 deposit to Jen now.
- Sarah Fielke is coming May 12 and 13. Her class on the 13th is full, but you can sign up for her trunk show on Monday, May 12 at 7pm here. There will be a book signing open to all prior to the trunk show. Brenda has all her books in stock.
- There was a miscommunication and we may not have requested fabrics from the MQG for the Michael Miller challenge - Brenda will look into it, and if we missed this challenge, perhaps we can create our own! My apologies for the misunderstanding.
- The One Day Retreat was a success and we will plan another for the fall.
- Winter 2015 Retreat scheduled at the Howell Nature Center for Thursday January 28 - Feb 1. Cost will be $145 and includes meals.
- Quilt Con:
- Although many area hotels are booked for rooms under the special QuiltCon rate, the Omni Hotel had regular rooms available for a reasonable rate.
- Keep an eye on the forums for hotel deals and people searching for roommates.
- Important Dates:
- June 1 : class catalog available for viewing
- June 24: 10am EST Registration Opens for Members Only
- You must be a member in good standing by June 13
- Know your email and password that you use for the MQG Community site. You will need it to login for registration.
- The member spotlight this month featured Debbie V!! So fun to see the quilts and hear about her travels. Debbie will spotlight Dorie next month.
- Skill School: Rossie showed us her technique for screen printing fabrics (for quilt labels or whatever you desire)! With the right supplies, it's amazingly quick and easy!
- We had fun seeing all the progress on the Round Robin quilts
- Show and Share was inspirational as always!
- We had a Yankee swap for pincushions! We discussed changing next month's swap to Yankee Swap destash of fabrics, rather than a grab-fest like last year.
See you on May 28!!